Tuesday 7 November 2017

Evaluation of first class solo performance

I was given the task of preparing a solo performance to prepare and perform in front of my class. I was given the time over half term to prepare. 
The song I chose to perform was 'Snow (Hey Ho)' by The Red Hot Chili Peppers. 
The baselines for the song primarily focused on fingering techniques which Is something I feel I am comfortable with in my own bass playing. 
I would not regard the song as a particularly high level song as it did not use more advanced techniques such as slap. 
Performing as a soloist was something I found very uncomfortable. I have perform in groups on stage, but never as a soloist so the aspect was very new to me. Having the pressure of being the entire focus of everybody's attention defiantly had a negative affect on my playing and as a result I made a few mistakes during my performance, 
Overall, I feel I could massively improve my solo performance skills through more practice and by getting more confident with the idea of being the focus of attention on stage. 

No comments:

Post a Comment